Crackle nail varnishes have been a huge trend this year – it’s easy to see why, nails that have the WOW factor and a look that is super easy to achieve at home.
For anyone not already familiar with it, crackle polish creates a crackle / shatter effect letting any other colour underneath it show through. Each nail is individual and painting the crackle polish on in different ways, strokes and directions can also vary the look.
Nails inc has just launched a range of new colours and finishes in its Special Effects Crackle range, including a gold glitter crackle top coat which is amazing. The range is now available in a myriad of colours, we love the pink ‘Islington’ and ‘Hoxton’ (dark purple) – the coloured shades are easier to wear that the original black crackle and look much more summery too.
And here’s some top tips for acheiving the perfect crackle finish at gome from the lovely people at Nails Inc:
- Apply 1 coat of your favourite nails inc base coat
- Apply 2 coats of your favourite nails inc polish. Leave to dry for 5 minutes
- Apply 1 coat of your chosen crackle shade. Have fun with this – try painting in different directions as this will affect how your design will look.
- Wait and see your nail polish appear through the cracks!
- Apply a top coat to get a glossy finish
- Marvel at the amazing nail art design you have created with such minimal effort!
At Cabot Circus, we were delighted to host an event to mark the launch of new street-style inspired website MyStreetChic.com recently, and even more pleased that the team managed to set the World Record for the highest number of topknot hairstyles in one day!
The MyStreetChic team made fashion history with a little help from our experts at Cabot Circus, with Robin James Salon stylists on hand to create the hair, alongside make up artists from Bobbi Brown (both brands are based at House of Fraser). Sanctuary Spa - based in Quakers Friars - also provided shoppers with mini manicures and feel-good treats to ensure they went away feeling glam and relaxed.
Have a look at highlights from the day here – and check out the MyStreetChic website soon, it contains heaps of fashion and beauty advice and features and shows how real people are interpreting the latest trends around the country.